Process Discovery and Capture
$199 PER ATTENDEE (Purchase)
The objective of the course is to learn a proven method of discovery, which will allow the student to effectively discover and capture processes in an organization.
Specific Goals (Outcomes)
- Learn how to scope a Process Discovery initiative
- Determine how to precisely identify the level of detail required for the project
- Learn to use discovery tools and techniques to build process maps without having to continually revisit interviewees to capture missing information
- Online: 2 hours
- On-site: 4 hours
This course is offered in two formats: online and on-site. The online course is instructor led webinar. The on-site course is instructor led and includes practical exercises for required for successful certification. Courses are available to the public by signing up at www.harvardcomputing.com or www.taskmap.com in the training section of our web site.
Michael J. Cunningham
Scott A. Helmers
Segment 1: Where does discovery start in a project?
Segment 2: Process discovery and its purpose. Review of tasks and stages.
Segment 3: Business goals and objectives. Tying discovery to the business stakeholder needs.
Segment 4: Why scoping your discovery project is important.
Segment 5: The impact of organizational culture.
Segment 6: Discovery methods and techniques; capture tools, interview models, discovery methods and strategies.
Segment 7: Discovery agenda preparation, tools and templates.
Segment 8: Stickcharts, tablets, MS Excel, Visio, Live capture, Web and video conferencing.
Segment 9: Discovery layout techniques.
Segment 10: Review and Q&A
Couse materials will be delivered online prior to the online course instruction. These include:
- BPM 102 Process Discovery (PDF format)
- Exercises and test materials for certification course.
- Internet access to courseware.
- Connectivity to browser with Cisco WebEx plug in.
Each participant of the online course will receive a Certificate for completion and participation in the course.
On-site students will be assessed throughout the course and receive certification for Business Analyst if all 4 courses in the certification process and exercises are completed successfully.
BPM 101 – Fundamentals of Process Mapping
BPM 102 – Process Discovery and Capture